Author Topic: Looking for Sangean ATX-800A (or Realistic DX-370) SW radio service manual  (Read 1227 times)

Offline cdevTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
Hello,

I've had this small Realistic AM/FM+shortwave radio for a long time and its a really good performer for something of its kind, but its really showing its age. It has an issue now with the frequency synthesizer tuning on shortwave. It could be an aging capacitor, but all the ones that Ive been able to non-destructively test so far (the low hanging fruit) have tested close enough to their marked values to not be immediately suspect.

So I am looking for the manufacturers' service manual. 

The radio is really a Sangean product as it was made by Sangean for Radio Shack - I bought it in 1988 or possibly early 1989, and its described as having "the hardware of an ATS-800A with the firmware from an ATS-800".  It was an excellent radio for casual shortwave listening before this issue developed. (the synthesizer won't stop scanning sometimes on shortwave, it works fine on AM and FM)

Anyway, it is both a great performer for something of its size, and it has sentimental value for me.

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf