Author Topic: lorex security camera night vision model LW2711AC1  (Read 1895 times)

Offline mrfixstuffTopic starter

lorex security camera night vision model LW2711AC1
« on: May 20, 2016, 07:23:33 pm »
Hi new here

i working on a wireless lorex security camera model  LW2711AC1
here's what i think  happened..... at night the camera was pointing at a outside fire ( very bright ) it would set off the motion sensor and the camera would record ( this may have went on most nights for a year ) ... by the time they found out what was going on the night vision is about shot...
the IR LED's are working i can see the light with one of my camera's at night ..so my question is...... is the image chip toast ?

thanks

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: lorex security camera night vision model LW2711AC1
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

That's a possibility one would imagine.... I couldn't say for sure but your thread's worth a bump.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 02:44:24 pm »
thanks for the bump

i will double check the IR LED's as it seems to pick up light good at night ..........like the headlights of a car

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 04:19:22 am »
I can't imagine that a little fire would be brighter than broad daylight. Unless that camera has a completely different sensor for low light, perhaps something went awry with the gain control (either software or hardware).
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 04:43:45 am »
The IR LED's on most cameras generally operate independently of the camera itself and are usually controlled by the LDR as seen in the picture below, if the camera face and in turn the LDR never gets dark enough then the LED's will never be at full illumination, the fire may not be bright enough for the camera to see normally but too bright for the LED's to switch on.

Also on some of these types of cameras there may be a setting for the IRE threshold or sensitivity level and this will dictate the switch from colour to black and white so check this as well, some of the LED control options might also be adjustable in the menu settings but every camera is different.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:18:08 am by Muttley Snickers »

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 07:01:13 pm »
thanks for the info

i went to the house and looked at the spot where the camera was and the sun shines right in the front of the camera for a few mins in the after noon 

also i will take the camera and put it beside one of my camera's that has a good night vision and see if maybe it's the IR LED's... see how the bad camera works with a good IR light
will post back when i do the test

thanks

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 07:09:21 pm »
Those are good follow up tests. Direct sunlight into the camera lens isn't good news, though. It could fry the sensor.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf