Author Topic: Lumia 720 screen problem  (Read 3852 times)

Offline 10101Topic starter

• Contributor
Lumia 720 screen problem
« on: May 22, 2015, 04:00:56 pm »
I've had a Nokia lumia 720 for almost 2 years and 1-2 weeks ago a reeeeealy strange thing started to happen. Usualy this starts after i use it for a while but has happened in other ocasions, the problem is that the screen starts moving around alone like if it was a haunted phone  :wtf: like if someone was touching it like crazy.
Yes i asked google first  :-+ , and what i found was that i had replace the screen, nothing more....
So my questions are, replacing the screen is the only possible way to fix it ? And what's happening with it to make that effect (electronics wise) ?

Pardon if my english is poor, 10101

Offline DavidDLC

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Lumia 720 screen problem
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 04:20:25 pm »
I've had a Nokia lumia 720 for almost 2 years and 1-2 weeks ago a reeeeealy strange thing started to happen. Usualy this starts after i use it for a while but has happened in other ocasions, the problem is that the screen starts moving around alone like if it was a haunted phone  :wtf: like if someone was touching it like crazy.
Yes i asked google first  :-+ , and what i found was that i had replace the screen, nothing more....
So my questions are, replacing the screen is the only possible way to fix it ? And what's happening with it to make that effect (electronics wise) ?

Pardon if my english is poor, 10101

Did you try a factory reset already ?

David.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:15:28 pm »
not yet  :palm:

Offline MatthewEveritt

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 07:29:11 pm »
I've had odd movements like that before, in my case i just needed to clean the screen. Worth trying if you don't do it regularly anyway.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:26:34 pm »
You don't need to replace the screen if you mean actual display by this word. Touchscreen (digitizer) is a separate part in this phone. Except failed touchscreen, it could be that some moisture got in the phone or connector became loose. Anyway, it is easy to disassemble this model, so worth to check, clean and reseat touchscreen connector. If the issue happens when you attach something with USB (especially non original charger), this is not a fault of the phone.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:36:03 pm »
BTW, you said almost 2 years. Likely you should still have a warranty. Even if proof of purchase papers are lost, you still can claim the warranty in authorized service center. With a condition that the phone was intended to be sold in the country where you claim the warranty and 25 month warranty time since the date it was sent to distributor have not passed yet.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »
I've had odd movements like that before, in my case i just needed to clean the screen. Worth trying if you don't do it regularly anyway.

Yeh i clean it quite often  :-+.

You don't need to replace the screen if you mean actual display by this word. Touchscreen (digitizer) is a separate part in this phone. Except failed touchscreen, it could be that some moisture got in the phone or connector became loose. Anyway, it is easy to disassemble this model, so worth to check, clean and reseat touchscreen connector. If the issue happens when you attach something with USB (especially non original charger), this is not a fault of the phone.

Humm, didn't check the conector inside maybe i'll do it. I mean the thingy that "feels" the touch, sorry for the crude language  |O.
Yeh even without a cable atached still does the error

Offline rob77

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 07:48:17 pm »
had a similar issue with a tablet - after some minutes it looked like a crazy drunk invisible man is randomly touching the screen really fast :D
in my case it helped to re-solder the touch controller chips (they were soldered to the flat flex of the digitizer).

so i would strongly suggest to clean everything (as other's suggested already) - if that doesn't help then re-flow the part of the board where the connector from digitizer/display ends. if none helps then buy a new part.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf