Author Topic: Marconi 2438 Timer/Counter service manual  (Read 2000 times)

Offline TorrentulaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • My blog
Marconi 2438 Timer/Counter service manual
« on: February 28, 2016, 02:45:39 pm »
Hello!

I recently got a Marconi 2438 universal timer/counter from eBay and I'm looking for the service manual for this unit and figured this would be the best place to ask.
The best I could come up with until now is the user manual, which doesn't really go into the digital interface option details.

I'm trying to tap into the digital interface pins throughout the device with an MCU in order to hook it up to a PC.
Does anyone here have some documentation on this unit, other than the user manual from here?

Thank you,
Elia

Offline Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
Re: Marconi 2438 Timer/Counter service manual
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:59:02 pm »
Does anyone here have some documentation on this unit, other than the user manual from here?
Have you tried the service manual for the 2437 ? It appears to be the same but with limited frequency response.

Offline TorrentulaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • My blog
Re: Marconi 2438 Timer/Counter service manual
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »
Have you tried the service manual for the 2437 ? It appears to be the same but with limited frequency response.

Thanks for pointing me toward that manual, it seems like they are indeed the same unit save for the frequency range.

I've had another look at the manual and it indeed also includes a pin description of the data interface.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf