Author Topic: Need datasheet Motorola 352 SBS8  (Read 1615 times)

Offline DarrylP796Topic starter

Need datasheet Motorola 352 SBS8
« on: June 28, 2015, 04:10:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm working on an older piece of electronics from around 1985.  Am in need of a datasheet for what looks to be a transistor, but that in the circuit has no connection to the "base" lead.  Had never seen that before. It has three terminal leads, just no connection on what would be the base. Markings are Motorola insignia and 352, then SBS8 on the next line. TO-92 style case.

This device is being used as part of an input circuit to a 4N35 opto-isolator. 120V AC goes through a divider and single diode rectifier, approximately 10VDC pulses (no smoothing on rectified AC signal) then goes through this mystery device and then into the opto-isolator pin 1. Maybe this is a common transistor being used as a "negistor" just to get the voltage drop, making sure only "peaks" of the rectified signal pass to the opto-isolator? Tests out like a common PNP transistor in circuit using my DVM.  Just no base connection on the board.  The intent of the output of the opto-isolator is to make sure the 120VAC is present in the system on the output of a control relay.  That's what the circuit is designed to be making sure of.

Any help is welcome.

The transistor is labeled with the Motorola logo and then the number 352.  Just below that is "SBS8".

Anyone have a datasheet on such a beast? I can't find it online with all the normal searches.

Offline Fank1

• Regular Contributor
Re: Need datasheet Motorola 352 SBS8
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:53:53 pm »
Try Google "DIAC"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf