Author Topic: Nissan Bose Buttons Not Working  (Read 986 times)

Offline harveyyTopic starter

Nissan Bose Buttons Not Working
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:21:56 pm »
Hi Guys,

Newbie here! My Nissan Bose Radio/CD/Cassette (PN 2261F) unit functions but the buttons stopped working. It started with just one non-working button for a month and just last week no buttons work.

Any ideas where to look would be a start.

Much appreciated!

Harvey

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Nissan Bose Buttons Not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:08:51 pm »
Welcome to the forum..... :-+

This is a common problem on many modern devices like CD players for example.
Behind the button, there is a micro-switch.

It is these micro-switches that wear out and do not make contact anymore.

You have to look for the service manual and disassemble the device to replace the micro-switches ...
Be aware that there are many models of micro switches .... you have to look for the same on ebay.

Offline Twoflower

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Nissan Bose Buttons Not Working
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:26:23 pm »
Welcome!

Since the buttons seem to fail all over the place within a short time I don't think it's the switches. I would guess more like a problem with a (flex-)cable that connects the board containing the switches with the board containing the CPU.

But how to get to the connection requires some carefully look and test. Unless you find a service manual or a tear-down instruction somewhere. Depending on the design it can vary from extremely easy (like marked screws) to near impossible to do this non destructible (plastic clips that to easily break of). Maybe you can get a defective model (best with a different defect) for little money. Here you can try how to open it and get to the places you want with this device first. It also can later donate parts if needed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf