Author Topic: Ono Sokki CF-350, not sampling  (Read 2254 times)

Offline CluelessTopic starter

• Contributor
Ono Sokki CF-350, not sampling
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:27:22 pm »
Ono Sokki CF-350 ( says CF-360 when powered up )

Unit was working nicely when last used about 2 yrs ago. Now it powers on without obvious error, but does not sample. Cannot get it to accept an external trigger either. The buttons are working and one can navigate the menus but it just won't acquire any data and display it. The battery is fine and the unit had not lost the date. Nothing obviously wrong inside it either. I did not do a careful inspection but there are no bulging or obviously leaking capacitors in the power supply area, analog circuits have +/- supplies present, and +5/+12 are normal.

Anyone with a service manual, schematic, or experience repairing one of these ? If not, anyone need some spare parts ?

Offline chihaxinh

• Regular Contributor
Re: Ono Sokki CF-350, not sampling
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:08:57 am »
Hi Clueless

Ono Sokki it's japanese product , very hard to find schematics and service manual , like other brand ( Advantest, Panasonic , Kikusui ..etc ).

So you can view in topic : https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/ono-sokki-cf350-fft-analyzer-needs-repair/

You need checking signal from input to DAC . Repair big bother like Ono Sokki take time . But i think can do it , pcb have alot logic chip and memory ram .

I don't like all japanese product it's using resistor 1/8W , through hole pin small can rust in long time ( 10 or 15 years ).

Offline CluelessTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 01:51:47 pm »
HI chihaxinh,

What I learned from that earlier posting was that a service manual does exist, but not much from the specifics of the repair. Although this was a nice instrument, it would make more sense for me to buy a replacement than to attempt troubleshooting it without any technical information or a hint to narrow down the source of the problem.

CL

Offline drtube

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »
Hello Clueless, I sent you a PM a couple of hours ago, please read it. Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf