Author Topic: PM 2527 - Problem  (Read 1489 times)

Offline uVoltTopic starter

PM 2527 - Problem
« on: January 20, 2018, 09:21:03 am »
Need some help with the service manual and with suggestion with what to look at first. The multimeter powers up the display is ok but it can not measure anything.

Offline FransW

• Frequent Contributor
Re: PM 2527 - Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:43:01 am »
Service Manual:
doc.xdevs.com/doc/PHILIPS/PHILIPS%20PM%202525%20Service.pdf

Regards, Frans
PE1CCN, Systems Engineering, HP, Philips, TEK, BRYMAN, Fluke, Keithley

Offline FransW

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 10:48:32 am »
Sorry, 2525 vs 2527:

freeservicemanuals.info/en/servicemanuals/viewmanual/Philips/PM2527/

PE1CCN, Systems Engineering, HP, Philips, TEK, BRYMAN, Fluke, Keithley

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 11:49:20 am »
Does the display show a fixed reading or is it "measuring" (ie, the value is chaging) but without any correspondence to the input?

If the former, I would check if the trigger circuit is working correctly. If that is rueled out, perhaps inject a signal internally past the analog front end, at the input of the ADC (and do the reverse too, measure what signal is there when you apply an input). That way you can rule out any of the analog frontend parts.

The fact that the display is working seems to indicate the main MCU is fine. If the problem isn't in the analog frontend, check if the optocouplers that connect the ADC to the MCU are doing ok. This was where one of my units had a problem (with optocouplers, in my case it wasn't an opto related to the ADC but to the front-end switching).

If it is the front-end, check those optocouplers and check what relays should be switching for different ranges. The service manual covers this in some detail and should be clear in combination with the schematic that is also available in the service manual.
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf