Author Topic: precision e200c rf generater  (Read 2442 times)

Offline dartman61Topic starter

precision e200c rf generater
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:14:12 pm »
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to dismantle this unit, the cord needs replaced. i have all the front screws out. What am I missing?
  thanks Dartman61

Offline Asmyldof

• Regular Contributor
  • Freelancer - Persnicketist - Do'er of stuff
    • Asmyldof's Home. It's old, not quite impressive, but it's there.
Re: precision e200c rf generater
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:30:32 pm »
I would like to open with the statement your problem description could be somewhat more elaborate.

Most of the people answering questions here have super fun jobs they don't like to be away from for too long, so any work you offload on us (such as finding out the actual brand, what it should look like, etc) will makes an answer less likely.
I'm still not 100% sure I have the thing right, but I'm guessing there's not that many "e200c" + "rf" devices out there.

That said, just typing "e200c rf" into google popped up this link:

Does that answer your question? I can't watch it right now, as I only have a few minutes before my simulation ends and I have to do real work again.
If it's a puzzle, I want to solve it.
If it's a problem, I need to solve it.
If it's an equation... mjeh, I've got Matlab
(not really though, Matlab annoys me).

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 02:37:39 am »
Hi, Thank you for your input. This was my first time asking a question, however I figured it out. I do not quite get your response meaning, did I do something wrong?

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 02:46:08 am »
This could have had a live chassis, if the power cable was deliberately cut off of careful you don't kill yourself.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 02:19:13 pm »
Hi, Thank you for your input. This was my first time asking a question, however I figured it out. I do not quite get your response meaning, did I do something wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong, you just didn't give enough information.  When asking advice on how to dismantle a piece of test gear, especially something that may not be a well known name product, pictures are very helpful.  A more complete explanation of what you tried is also helpful.  What Asmyldorf is trying to say, the more upfront info you give, the more likely a useful response will come your way.  Many people here give a quick scan of the posts.  If there isn't enough information for them to give a proper response, they aren't going to do research for the answer, they will just move on.  Good on ya for figuring it out.  Post some pics of the outside and under the hood.  Lots of us like seeing that stuff.  Shock is on the money, If there aren't bleeder resistors on power supply caps, they can hold a charge for quite a long time and it can be very painful at the very least accidentally shorting yourself out on them.  Care should always be taken.  Assume there is power unless you have unplugged the chord yourself and assume capacitors have a charge in them unless you properly discharge them.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 12:40:53 am »
Thank you for your replys. I understand what you mean about more info and pics.  Next time I will do better. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf