Author Topic: Projector not turning on, lights flashing  (Read 1347 times)

Offline SeppoTopic starter

Projector not turning on, lights flashing
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:21:29 pm »
Hi!
I got hold of a non fuctioning 5 years old Epson EB-1925W projector. When pressing power on, after few seconds the fans started to blow at full speed and 3 red leds started flashing. That is an internal error according to the manual. So i ordered a new ballast board from China. After i changed the ballast everything worked fine for a few hours. Then it started to turn off the lamp after 3 minutes or so and blink the leds again. Yesterday i watched two full length movies with no problems, today it won't light up at all. The lamp is an original spare with only 200 hours in the counter. There is no dust anywhere and all the fans work fine. Could the Chinese ballast been faulty or is there some other fault that could cause this behavior or make ballast boards burn?
Seppo

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Re: Projector not turning on, lights flashing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:13:21 pm »
It all depends on how the ballast was designed.
If it has a microcontroller and is dedicated for a certain lamp and that is not the same type as the one in the projector this could well be the case that it is a mismatch and cause you're issues.
AFAIK Epson manufactures their own lamps and drivers.

Offline SeppoTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 06:38:33 pm »
The lamp is an original spare (no Epson logo on it), and was bought a year a go for 570 euros. The original ballast and the replacement are both built by TDK.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:48:56 pm »
The original ballast and the replacement are both built by TDK.
Are they the same, same partnr? If yes, I am out of ideas, original lamp, original driver, should work  :-//

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf