Author Topic: R9 390 Dead  (Read 2428 times)

Offline bullet321Topic starter

R9 390 Dead
« on: February 27, 2018, 08:16:22 pm »
Hello guys!

I have a problem with my graphic card. I tried to turned on computer but it only beeps, one long and three short, it is the gpu failure.
So i measured with voltmeter and the 270uf 16v capacitors(7 of them) have 12v voltage but the other ones not, 10 of them ( 820uf, 3V). This is what i know so far :)
And on 2X8 PIN power supply there is voltage. And i tried other graphic card and it works ok, so other components are ok.

Is there any way how to determine faulty component on Gpu board and how?
Please i want to make it work if there is some way?

Thank you

Regards.

Offline bullet321Topic starter

Re: R9 390 Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 10:06:34 am »
nobody? :(

Offline lordvader88

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 09:58:38 pm »
IDk, I know it's possible tho if you're lucky to find some problem with the discrete parts. I bet finding useful info on the PCB will be hard too.

I have a soundcard that failed 3yrs ago, before I knew much of anything. I need to dig it up and start poking around on it.

If u know for sure what pins on the PCIe are supply voltages and respective ground, u could try just applying power to them and the main 12V plugs. And check around the power sections. What other connections might be needed tho for it to 'think' it's powered up normal, who know's.

Do u have a MB u could plug it into like on a 'test bench' and not in a case? I bet its near impossible to get the probes in there if its in the case (at least my case)

Offline ovnr

• Frequent Contributor
  • Lurker
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 11:22:10 pm »
Have you tested it in another computer?

Anyway:
Check the fuses. Between the two black inductors next to the PCI-e power connectors there are four fuses; two white ceramic ones, two others which are red with a big R on them. There's also one next to the PCI-e connector itself.

Check the core voltage; the 820µF 3V caps. It should be between 0.7 and 1.5 volts.

To be honest: Unless it's something simple like a blown fuse, repair is likely not practical. Incidentally, if you were doing any kind of crypto mining or other long-term high-load stuff, it's your own damn fault.

Offline MyHeadHz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 02:57:46 pm »
the r9 390 is basically a re-release of the r9 290x.  Here is a recent thread about a 290x, so it will probably help your case as well.  There is a lot of good info there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf