Author Topic: RCA RLDED5078A-D TV Weird Picture  (Read 2578 times)

Offline XMATopic starter

• Contributor
RCA RLDED5078A-D TV Weird Picture
« on: October 13, 2016, 02:08:45 pm »
The tv displays a picture but really weirdly, there is a line going through horizontally in the middle of the tv distorting the picture / bending it, and then there is a dark area on the bottom, the dark area seems to be a an inverted area of the display that is going out of the tv bounds, oh and as you can see the display is going out of the tv bounds also I've tested with other electronics but it's still there, also i had opened the tv to check for bad capacitors but nothing bad that looks bad, I've got a feeling it is a bad main board rather than the LCD logic board or the power supply. please help out as i first made a thread in BadCaps and no one made a reply and seemed to ignore me.

Offline KK

• Regular Contributor
Re: RCA RLDED5078A-D TV Weird Picture
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:37:06 pm »
Try other input jacks and see if the distortion follows (t-con board?) or if the distortion does not follow (main board?)

Offline XMATopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 03:53:43 am »
its the same on every port, i don't think it's the t-con board, because i went into service mode and was changing the view settings, that make your display go in or out, smaller or bigger and i could have not gotten bellow the black line for some reason

Offline mij59

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 06:58:27 am »
Could be a corrupted configuration, is there a reset to default in the service menu ?
Same problem when using the tuner ? 

Offline XMATopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 07:55:50 am »
yes there is a reset to default option. also I tried resetting it but it just goes back to like before with the picture out of the screen, and do you mean by tv tuner then I don't have one, I use HDMI and when i turn on the tv it shows the RCA logo with a white background in which you can see the center line, but the bottom dark spot is white with the background. and if go to the menu part of it gets displayed in the dark spot but inverted.

Offline poot36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 06:20:48 am »
If the problem shows up on the osd (on screen display, ie the menus) then the problem is either tcon related or the hotbar flat flex connections to the panel are going bad.  On some tv's there is a jumper to put the tcon board into a test mode (on some panels there is no jumper but a unused pin on the panels tcon board that you pull up to the tcons power supply through a 1K? resistor or down to ground through a 1K? resistor, find the panels data sheet for the correct pin and if it should be pulled high or low) that would eliminate the main board as been bad as well.  Try and find a service manual for the tv if possible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf