Author Topic: Removing Tektronix 2246 Mainboard  (Read 897 times)

Offline atw58Topic starter

Removing Tektronix 2246 Mainboard
« on: April 23, 2019, 04:14:00 pm »
I am fairly certain the Ch A triggering U421 28 pin DIP is faulty and getting a replacement part from Qservice. I removed all the mainboard screws, freed the power supply pins and took out the crt but something near the front is holding the pcb. After some fruitless searches for 2246 and 2465 front panel/mainboard teardowns, I'm hoping for some advice. Removed all the knobs at the front and thought the front bezel might come off easily but this is not the case.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Removing Tektronix 2246 Mainboard
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:36:06 pm »
If the 2246 is similar to the 2465 or 2430 look at the top of the front bezel. Is there a plastic strip running across the top? If yes, carefully pry it up. There will be 3 or 4 screws underneath it. Should also be screws on the underside. Once removed front bezel should come off. And chances are you will find out why the board can't be removed because there will be screws attaching it to the front frame.

Hope this helps...not familiar with the 2246.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: atw58

Offline atw58Topic starter

Re: Removing Tektronix 2246 Mainboard - Solved
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:40:35 pm »
When in doubt read the service manual last. Turns out the front potentiometer and switch boards must be removed to reveal the last screw that holds the mainboard.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Testtech

• Regular Contributor
Re: Removing Tektronix 2246 Mainboard
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 10:57:54 pm »
Why remove the board? Cut the legs off, heat and remove the pins, resolder from the component side.
The 2246 board is a PITA to remove, and not necessary...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf