Author Topic: repair a battery pack question  (Read 822 times)

Offline sub2001zeroTopic starter

• Contributor
repair a battery pack question
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:59:35 pm »
Hi I am quiet new to electronic repair but, under stand a lot of information. So I have a few question.  First off the battery is from a handheld marine transceiver. I bought and found out the battery was no good because the Li-on where zero out with no voltage at all. Original battery capacity was 1150 mah normal voltage 7.4v discharge 5.5v 2 unknown14650 cell so I replace them 14650 Sanyo 7v/5v AA 920 mAh Li-on Flat Top Battery. I made new tabs for the new battery and it was a tight fit get them back in. When it came to re soldering the board i guess one of tabs hit the one diode and short it out. I try looking for one too replace the on that was short out with no luck. I post a picture of the diode. I guess the diode I burn was a Zener Diode. The diode is marked 75 with a gray line on the left side and has a dot above the 5. There was one good 75 diode but have not test the value of it. I know i can test it with a variable power supply a 1k ohm resister and a multimeter and can I you use a clamp on meter to messuare the amperage unknown diode.               I guess the board i mess up is a normal Protect PCB Board Balance or am i wrong and if it is can i replace last picture or not. See pictures!

• Contributor
Re: repair a battery pack question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:02:11 pm »
picture

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:03:50 pm »
can the board be replace with the one in picture thanks!

Offline KhronX

• Frequent Contributor
    • Khron's Cave - Electronics Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:08:15 pm »
That could potentially be a 7.5V zener (in a SOD-123 package), but... It would really help if you could manage to lift at least part of the schematic of that board.
Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 11:16:31 pm »
the battery came from a standard horizon Hx751

# on board AP2023        back word RU  ST-2A
                 BW9390

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf