Author Topic: Repair advice for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - GT-P5110  (Read 1382 times)

Offline KikerumboTopic starter

Repair advice for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - GT-P5110
« on: May 06, 2016, 07:36:03 pm »
Hi everyone and thanks in advance.

First of all, I'm sorry because my english is not good and I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Second, I'm not an electronics expert, I just have the idea that if it's already not working, I don't have anything to lose trying. And I love to do the things myself. That said...

I have a friend's tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 that doesn't want to turn on. I tried for hours the procedings I found via Google without any luck. After all that I opened it unpluged the battery and check the voltage. It was 4.12v so the battery shouldn't be the problem (from my little understanding).

I followed the service guide from Samsung (I can't attach it since it's too heavy 5,13Mb). Since I don't know how to test if the ON-VOLUME buttons-ribbon works (can you tell me how?), I found at this very forum another post ( https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/how-to-jumper-the-g-tab-2-(gt-p5110)/ ) where someone asked how to "jumper" the ON button, so I did that. I used a wire to connect the pins 1 and 2 together (used a little piece of tape to isolate those pins so I couldn't touch anything else with the wire), but nothing happened.

After that I plugged the battery and then the charger. The zone surrounded in red started to heat up and it burnt at the touch. I unplugged the charger and the battery. After this, the battery was on 3.55v. With the battery unplugged, the motherboard of the tablet gives 0.7v.

Now it's all disassembled waiting for the motherboard to spend that little energy it still has, kind of hoping it works like the BIOS of a PC motherboard, and it resets to factory settings.

Well, after all this story of sorrow I came here for help. If you could give me any idea, it'll be much appreciated.

Have a nice weekend!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:41:39 pm by Kikerumbo »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf