Author Topic: Repair of Acer H223HQ monitor.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline ZaXaZTopic starter

• Contributor
Repair of Acer H223HQ monitor.
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:10:07 pm »
My monitor keeps "rebooting" some times a lot sometimes not that many times. but i don't see anything screaming dead component on the power supply.
i'm assuming its the power supply sins it's turning fully off and on, showing acer logo.

Top of board
[img=https://s33.postimg.org/l0sstlcy7/DSC00424.jpg]pictures upload
underside of board
[img=https://s33.postimg.org/kljp3gnz3/DSC00426.jpg]image hosting free
is it worth bothering with or just buy this replacement?
eBay auction: #http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LCD-Power-Supply-Board-Acer-4H-0K302-A02-NO-repair-KIT-/291776931669?hash=item43ef42a755:g:8wMAAOSwKIpWC8Fm

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Repair of Acer H223HQ monitor.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:44:31 pm »
Please explain what you mean by rebooting. Does it show splash screen on each "boot"?

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:54:52 pm »
It atc as if i would turn if off, and on. but with no interaction from my side.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:03:59 pm »
Probably some of the few smallest electrolytic caps is faulty, however IMO it might be something as stupid as faulty power switch. Tact switches tend to become conductive between contacts and start acting weirdly. Try to disconnect the board with power switch and see if it stops switching off/on.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:07:10 pm by wraper »

Offline samnmax

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 08:37:54 am »
I have a Benq monitor with the same problem, sometimes it starts turning off and on without touching it.
The issue is that they use an ADC pin in the microcontroller for all the buttons, using a resistive divider. With time, buttons become slightly conductive (in the order of kOhms), and this screws up the voltages read by the ADC, triggering spurious button presses. As wraper said, try disconnecting the button board to see if that's the problem.

The following users thanked this post: MathWizard

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:45:49 am »
Probably some of the few smallest electrolytic caps is faulty, however IMO it might be something as stupid as faulty power switch. Tact switches tend to become conductive between contacts and start acting weirdly. Try to disconnect the board with power switch and see if it stops switching off/on.

Sounds like a cheaper solution if it works :D will try it out

Offline Zorang

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 08:07:38 pm »
I know that this topic was inactive for some time but it is spot on for my problem..
Also have Acer H223HQ with random restart problem. It appears that faulty button board is cause of restarting. When I disconnect it, no more restarts.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 08:17:16 pm »
I know that this topic was inactive for some time but it is spot on for my problem..
Also have Acer H223HQ with random restart problem. It appears that faulty button board is cause of restarting. When I disconnect it, no more restarts.
Replace all switches on that board.

Online MathWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 03:33:42 am »
I have a Benq monitor with the same problem, sometimes it starts turning off and on without touching it.
The issue is that they use an ADC pin in the microcontroller for all the buttons, using a resistive divider. With time, buttons become slightly conductive (in the order of kOhms), and this screws up the voltages read by the ADC, triggering spurious button presses. As wraper said, try disconnecting the button board to see if that's the problem.
I'll have to remember that, so far I've not worked on the button area's of anything modern, and I have stuff junk parts like control pad's from TV's/printer's that are probably way more complicated than just a few push switches.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf