Author Topic: Repairing a powersupply from OCZ GXS700 (FSP 700-80GLC(NEW))  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Hagis2kTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Repairing a powersupply from OCZ GXS700 (FSP 700-80GLC(NEW))
« on: August 26, 2015, 10:16:25 am »
So hi there folks i am right now working on an old ocz psu that all the
secondary capacitors where bad on totally dried out

So i replaced 9 of them and now the psu is sort of working but if i put a load on any
of the outputs the voltage drops tried a 39r resistor on the 5V it went down to 3.9-4V
on the 12V it went down to 9V didnt try it on the 3.3V one as it would be the same i assumed

So i am thinking there is something whack with the feedback just have to be and i also
realize that i missed one cap on the board on the secondary side its a small one like22-47µf or so i assume

But when i turn the power off from the input then the output voltage rises back up to around 12V or 5V to die out?! that sounds strange
but anyway i shall keep looking on the feedback circuit and check the values and connections

Is it anyone who happens to have access to the right schematic of this psu ?

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
Re: Repairing a powersupply from OCZ GXS700 (FSP 700-80GLC(NEW))
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 04:14:10 am »
load 12 rail more, at least 1 amp
what you describe is how a normal modern (but not the super modern, those have additional dcdc and go down below 10 watt for stupid intel cpus) psu acts when 12 is not loaded enough
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline Hagis2kTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:47:31 am »
I tried loading it with a 6.8r resistor and then the voltage drops to 4.6-4.8V ill try hooking it up to more load and see

Offline hooman008

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:57:07 am »
hi im sorry to bring up this old topic , but i have exactly the same problem as yours , i recap the same powersupply and i get the same problem the 5 volt is 4 the 12 is 11 something , and the pc just wont turn on , could u fix yours ? do u mind telling me how ? thanks :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf