Author Topic: Rigol DP832 power supply faulty out of the box  (Read 1974 times)

Offline hazmomentTopic starter

• Contributor
Rigol DP832 power supply faulty out of the box
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:54:15 am »
So Im in the market for a variable power supply and thought I'd spend the extra dollars and get the rigol DP832 over some other more basic cheaper units I was looking at. It arrived yesterday and switched it on, no loads connected, channel 2 & 3 seem to work sweet, channel 1 however does not output the preset voltage. The actual voltage at the terminals should be displayed on the LCD screen, but reads 0V no matter what the preset voltage is set to, and displays UR (unregulated) where the other channels display CV, or CC. It seems there is a fault preventing channel one from supplying any voltage/current whatsoever. The place i bought it from are suggesting I fix it and they reimburse me for it. Has anyone experienced this same problem with these power supplies? I understand they are a good
power supply whilst they are working but have heard of a few faults with blowing series pass transistors etc when shorting the terminals (even though they should be current limiting) I dont want to be having to
open and fix a brand new lab grade power supply i payed good money for, especially because itll void my warranty. Interested to hear peoples thoughts on what the issue could be.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DP832 power supply faulty out of the box
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 09:13:41 am »
There is no issue, don't dick about with it, just contact the seller and send it back for replacement.

Simple.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Rigol DP832 power supply faulty out of the box
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 06:51:17 am »
Please do not double post, it is very disrespectful of members trying to help you when you have 2 simultaneous discussions going on for exactly the same post.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf