Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy Note edge  (Read 1312 times)

Offline FuskyTopic starter

Samsung Galaxy Note edge
« on: February 04, 2016, 01:22:47 am »
New here and would like anyone's help, I'm in need to fix a Samsung galaxy note edge. It has a broken glass screen but the digitizer is OK. Now everywhere Ive looked they only sell the screens with the digitizers. This in turns drives up the cost way a lot. Now the person who wants it fixed doesnt want to spend $200 to replace a screen, is there any way to just replace the glass part instead?

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note edge
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:58:48 am »
If you can find the glass without the digitizer, then Yes. That said however, I've not seen the glass by itself, and given it's been out awhile, suspect it will never show up that way due to the fact it's curved (alignment of screen to glass).

Should you find the glass by itself however, be aware that you need to apply the adhesive in a vacuum if you mean to do it properly, and that's a not an inconsequential bit of hardware (~$4k for a ready-made solution). It's also predicated on the digitizer isn't damaged when removing it from the original glass shards (additional challenges since it's curved).

Offline FuskyTopic starter

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note edge
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 06:10:08 am »
If you can find the glass without the digitizer, then Yes. That said however, I've not seen the glass by itself, and given it's been out awhile, suspect it will never show up that way due to the fact it's curved (alignment of screen to glass).

Should you find the glass by itself however, be aware that you need to apply the adhesive in a vacuum if you mean to do it properly, and that's a not an inconsequential bit of hardware (~$4k for a ready-made solution). It's also predicated on the digitizer isn't damaged when removing it from the original glass shards (additional challenges since it's curved).

So then no , it cant be feasibly done with glass only then. It has to be digitizer and glass then.Thanks for the answer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf