Author Topic: Samsung TV spares - where to get in Australia?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline BrumbyTopic starter

• Supporter
Samsung TV spares - where to get in Australia?
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:53:44 am »
This seems like a stupid question - and I feel a bit embarrassed to ask, but I have been trying to get a spare part for a Samsung TV and I'm not making any progress here in Australia - yet there are at least a dozen places in Asia and the US that advertise the part on eBay.

I called Samsung to ask them where I could get a spare part - and from their reaction, the call centre person seemed to find it a bizarre question.  They then asked me what the problem was - as if there were going to help me diagnose the fault.  So I told them in very clear detail.  He clearly did not know what I was talking about, but he knew I knew and was not about to challenge that.  They then asked for details so they could create an 'account' ...  :wtf:  When I asked why, they said so they could have a record of the problem in case further calls were made.  I told them I knew what the problem was - I just wanted the part to fix it!  Eventually I was given the contact details for a couple of their authorised service centres.  Great.  Now I'm going to try to get parts of a business who makes money doing what I was trying to do.

So, I called the service centres.  Gave them every detail they could possibly want and asked for price and availability.  Never heard back from any of them.

Then I tried online parts places in Australia.  Couldn't find the exact model in any of them and those that had similar models, didn't show the part ... so I shoot off an inquiry or two.  I only got one response and that was 'Sorry - can't find it' and they pointed me to a PDF that supposedly had a parts list for me to choose from.  It was a single page with a line drawing of part of the TV.  It had 9 parts mentioned - labelled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 - none of which were the part I needed.  Don't like my chances that those are the manufacturer's part numbers .... and no, there was no legend.

Can anyone suggest someone in Australia I can approach who might have the parts - or do I just give up on a local supplier and hit out on eBay?

Alternatively, does anybody know of a 32" Samsung LED TV carcass that I might be able to cannibalize?

All I need is one LED baclight strip.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 11:56:54 am by Brumby »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf