Author Topic: Samsung wirless rear surround speakers let out the magic smoke!  (Read 9273 times)

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
Re: Samsung wirless rear surround speakers let out the magic smoke!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 03:15:29 am »
One good thing is that these are easy to get into and appear to be easy to replace parts on but we'll see how that goes haha.

The ones I had to rescue were next to impossible, but I buckled down and did it as it was pricey equipment I couldn't afford to replace,
impossible to sell off, and with my run of bad luck, I would get into more debt replacing it with new gear... full of FRESH amber glue, lol   :-DD

hey why am I laughing, this actually started happening before I picked up on the entire fiasco  |O 

btw all the rescued gear works fine years later and getting my money's worth use from it at last  :phew:

Good luck with it, hope others here benefit and get off a lot cheaper than I did   :'(

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:19:48 am by Electro Detective »

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 03:19:04 am »
OMG!  I just watched that video on the glue turning conductive over time that's just crazy.  My system is only 3 years old MAX it was purchased brand new too!  You'd think Samsung of all companies would know better but I guess we'll see.  I have a ton of Samsung stuff great brand but they did have that whole exploding Note issue lol.

They know exactly what they're doing...that stuff goes bad a year after the warranty expires...   

"THEY" need a good public porking, AND a GLUE and FEATHERING with their component glue, to ensure the feathers don't rattle loose during 'production'  :clap:

:-DD
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:23:28 am by P90 »

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 03:22:08 am »
:horse:     :-DD
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:25:30 am by P90 »

Offline illavbillTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 05:48:09 am »
 :-DD
The damn warranty from manufacturer was like 1 year I think.  The audio video companies free extended warranty was 2 years this happened about 3 hahahah. 

I have had so many things break right after their warranty runs out obviously not everything breaks but things seem to NEVER, EVER ,EVER BREAK ... During the warranty period.  I have a lazeboy computer chair that was like $400 to $500 snap a weld where the chair connects to the part with the casters.  THE F-IN BOX SAYS TEN YEAR WARRANTY.  The store... Oh we don't have anything we can do for you it's been 5 days since the 1 year warranty it came with when it was bought .   My parents bought it before Christmas just a few days because it was out of stock.  Companies suck so much. I'm going to try calling Lazeboy one more time then try social media like Twitter my Facebook is dead on purpose mine only exists still so people who don't have my phone# (that I wanna talk to), or don't have my current email that's changed from AOL when that was all there was and I lived at home and it was my parent's money so it was their choice -> MSN (connecting direct through a dialup networking for gaming was awesome!), then Yahoo (worst decision ever), finally my personal domain email managed by Google / Gmail soooo nice!!!!! It's like $10 a month now to use Google hosting service ., G Suite it's called, but I got in on the beta and they left it free for me¡

I'm just off topic now. ¡I'm going to get my super awesome multimeter from Hazard Fraught a.k.a. "Harbor Freight" out and check that junk out!

Sorry for typos or weird words I'm doing this on mobile and auto correct does weird stuff plus I'm tired as heck.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:34:18 am by illavbill »

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 05:50:03 am »
OMG!  I just watched that video on the glue turning conductive over time that's just crazy.  My system is only 3 years old MAX it was purchased brand new too!  You'd think Samsung of all companies would know better but I guess we'll see.  I have a ton of Samsung stuff great brand but they did have that whole exploding Note issue lol.

They know exactly what they're doing...that stuff goes bad a year after the warranty expires...   

"THEY" need a good public porking, AND a GLUE and FEATHERING with their component glue, to ensure the feathers don't rattle loose during 'production'  :clap:
:-+

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 09:54:14 am »
...I'm going to get my super awesome multimeter from Hazard Fraught a.k.a. "Harbor Freight" out and check that junk out!

At least you can be sure the Harbor Freight meter won't have any conductive glue in it,  :-+

the price of the glue may cost more than the meter parts,

and the added labor  ( at 5 cents (?) a day or week)  to jizzz it all over the components like hot caramel fudge is wayyy too expensive   :o

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:07:54 am by Electro Detective »

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 02:48:59 am »
...I'm going to get my super awesome multimeter from Hazard Fraught a.k.a. "Harbor Freight" out and check that junk out!

At least you can be sure the Harbor Freight meter won't have any conductive glue in it,  :-+

the price of the glue may cost more than the meter parts,

and the added labor  ( at 5 cents (?) a day or week)  to jizzz it all over the components like hot caramel fudge is wayyy too expensive   :o

That HF multimeter sucks, well at least the leads I was using did.  All of the  \$\Omega\$ measurements were non-existent.  Like I'd touch them together and nothing same with metal and other things would barely measure.  I switched to one with leads that DNT come off and it works a bit better but on this board I dunno what to touch to test the goo to see if it is conductive.  I did good to goo but no change though I did pull most off it off near the problem area, it's only on 3 more spots and thankfully those aren't exposed pads or metal spots...eerrr.. I guess the top of the caps ccunts right?

The are the two meters I have the red one is the Harbor Freight one I have the same one but in yellow with alligator clips leads I made obviously not shown.
The "CEN-TECH" I don't think there is a model number to be found... maybe inside haha.

This one I've had for years, is it any good?
The GREENLEE DM-20

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:07:45 am by illavbill »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 06:40:16 am »
I gave up on similar "cheap meters for occassional use" many years ago  |O   and bought some decent (for that time) Tandy/Radio Shack and Jaycar meters.

They were much better meters, reliable with good leads, I got a lot of work done with those and they are still going.

But once you work with a Fluke meter (and look after it) you don't look back 

The EEVblog meter will get you 'there' too without trashing your pocket   :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf