Author Topic: Schematic and/or service manual for TDK-Lambda GEN600-2.6 power supply  (Read 9514 times)

Offline JohnGTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I'm facing a small emergency here - my TDK-Lambda GEN600-2.6 power supply failed when a 'lytic failed. The problem is that the supply can no longer sense it's own output voltage, so it ramps up until it hits the overvoltage protection. The fault is internal to the supply, and the meter shows the voltage ramping up. If I hook up an external meter, it reads the same as the front panel, i.e. the voltage is really going up.

Any help appreciated. I am in a crunch, so if I can get a service manual or schematic, maybe I can fix it. I already have the operating/programming manual, and it is not much help.

Thanks,
John
"Reality is that which, when you quit believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick (RIP).

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
I never saw leaked or published service manuals, maybe check if you have pcb traces damages for the sense lines / feedback ?

You may ask Tdk Lambda  under an non disclosure agreement, not sure they will provide an service manual.

Offline JohnGTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks. No visible damage, and I pulled the control card out to look at both sides.

I spent a long time looking for schematics or service information on this supply and it's many look-alikes, and turned up zero. I'm not sure how I could even buy one  |O.

John
"Reality is that which, when you quit believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick (RIP).

Offline rizal5478

• Contributor
Re: Schematic and/or service manual for TDK-Lambda GEN600-2.6 power supply
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:22:44 pm »
Hi folks, Anyone experience TDK-Lambda GEN series power supply (mine model: GEN600 2.6) keep showing an error "07P" and unable to enable the output. I have read user manual abt the OTP but it doecn't help..

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 01:15:08 am »
They share some similarities with Xantrex  psu's, i dont think you'll ever find any service manual

Ask TDK-Lambda your errors codes ...

Offline rizal5478

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
They share some similarities with Xantrex  psu's, i dont think you'll ever find any service manual

Ask TDK-Lambda your errors codes ...
Ya,, in fact this model exactly similar with Agilent N5772A.. I doubt the error totally disable my OUTPUT ON/OFF.. and that failure abt OTP (07P) which related to over temp or fan/ventilation issue. For my case the fan and ventilation was in good condition.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 04:20:53 am »
oh ho, never saw thoses psu at Agilent Keysight ??? nice find  :-+

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 02:25:03 pm »
In case Google ever directs here for the "07P" (ie OTP) error: have a few of these with that error. Figured there would be a thermal swich on a heatsink somewhere and I found these guys:

Unfortunately (kinda) not the culprit, though. The should be NC and they were. Started mapping outt the connections to the microcontroller board but then started thinking: what would I do to thermally protect my design? Answer: check the fans. Actually also aluded to in the manual. Now, the fans were most certainly making a racket so I didn't really think about it earlier but guess what? Only two out of three were running. Took a spare fan and sure enough: unit boots up fine now.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 02:26:47 pm by Ice-Tea »

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 03:05:52 pm »
could be a resistor or a diode who act as a thermal sensor  ....  in this package,  seems to only have 22 pins (picture  ..)

When powered off,   take measurement in diode mode  forward and backwards and ohmmeter at ambient temperature, and take a heat gun / hair dryer to check the value

are the legs broken to mechanical stress ??

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 06:24:17 pm »
Huh? Think you may have misunderstood. It's not the thermal switches (Kemet OHDs, by the way). I checked.

It was one of the fans. Fan stops -> unit goes in OTP. As I have quite a few who failed like this, it makes a lot of sense. Fans wear out, it would have been much more of a surprise if something else in the thermal protection path would have went byebye.

Online EHT

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 09:30:49 pm »
Yeah I recognise some of those components from Xantrex XG which I have. The thermal switch you highlighted, the 2SK2611, the large electrolytics are the same. In the XG there is a fan protection circuit which is simply measuring the current draw of the 2 fans. TBH that is a bit crap as it would not indicate a failure if it was jammed. They should have used a 4-wire fan. Also makes it more fiddle to switch the fan for a quieter one.

I see you fixed it now, so all good :)

What's the Xantrex/Sorensen equiv model?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:33:22 pm by EHT »

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 09:16:06 am »
Don't know. It was also sold as an Agilent supply, by the way.

So, the fans are fed by an 7805? Not sure I like that much  :-//

Next job: get me a bag of suitable knobs. You can 3D print them but I'm not sure I like that much.

Online EHT

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 12:11:40 am »
So, the fans are fed by an 7805? Not sure I like that much  :-//
Well, the aspect I didnt like was the speed control through that zener diode only gives a small range (by pulling down the reference pin of the 7805), screamingly loud even when stone cold, plus the sensing isn't rotation based.

The following users thanked this post: Ice-Tea

Offline daryl

did you fixed the problem of your tdk lambda power supply gen600-2.6 . i encountered the same problem on my gen600-2.6

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf