Author Topic: Schneider variable speed drive ATV12  (Read 1456 times)

Offline BerserkTopic starter

• Contributor
Schneider variable speed drive ATV12
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:50:36 pm »
Hello, can anybody gave me advice about recovering Schneider ATV12H075M3? It was burned down after power surge, got exploded capacitor and one burned electrical path and i think probably something more, but i hope damaged only power supply circuit.

Current state of device is short circuit, after add input 240v it just shut down protection switch 16a

Sadly i am noob at diagnostic of burned electronics, but i want to learn ) I'll be glad to read any advices

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Schneider variable speed drive ATV12
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 06:15:03 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

These variable frequency drives are modular and they are not designed to be repaired, but simply replaced by a new one.

This is power electronics with dangerous voltages.

It requires adequate equipment to work safely as isolation transformer and differential probe.

In addition, I think it will be difficult to find schemas or service documentation.

The following users thanked this post: Berserk

Offline BerserkTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 06:23:04 pm »
I know it is difficult task and i will never work with it without proper safety measures. Do you think it's possible to recover it without documentation?

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 06:51:00 pm »
If it is only the power circuit, probably yes, at least for someone who has knowledge and experience on this kind of equipment.
But one of the problems is finding spare parts .... they can also be very expensive.

From your description of the problem, it would surprise me that damaged circuits are limited to power circuits.

Such equipment is very cheap and is probably damaged beyong economical repair.

A new one can be found for only 102.25 euros !

https://www.plc-city.com/shop/fr/schneider-electric-variable-speed-drives/snr-atv12h018m2-nfs.html?gmc_currency=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwssvPBRBBEiwASFoVd2pagKoYgHIgCrgd-GktfqBRrwWkztjHmwTB0ZK-iSlzCHVK_7LyTxoC0ogQAvD_BwE
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:03:52 pm by oldway »

The following users thanked this post: Berserk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf