Author Topic: Siemens PLC programmer keyboard  (Read 2117 times)

Offline EMUDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Siemens PLC programmer keyboard
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:29:08 pm »
Hi,
I have two plc programmers for Siemens plcs. These are very rugged PCs with special interfaces and a special keyboard. Now both keyboards are down. They are foils with silver printed conductors on it. The controller was glued and has separated itself from the foil.

Has anyone repaired something like that and could help me with his experience?

Offline olewales

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siemens PLC programmer keyboard
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:36:54 pm »
Subscribing to this thread. I had similar problem recently with LCD flex cable that was was originally glued to the PCB but broke off. I was eventually able to improvise a "press fit" between PCB and the cable but that obviously won't work in every case. Is there a "proper" way for fixing those? electrically conductive glue? How do you apply it to prevent bridges between tracks?

Offline mich41

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 01:26:13 pm »
I once fixed a keyboard membrane by soldering jumper wires to it, but I would never want to do that again.

Check if this "special interface" isn't just PS/2 with weird plugs. How old and how PC-compatible are these machines?

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_conductive_film

3M 9703 is apparently one very popular type of this. A roll is pretty expensive but you can find it being sold in small quantities too - "iPod/iPhone repair tape" seems to be what they call it.

Offline zoltan

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 07:08:50 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_conductive_film

3M 9703 is apparently one very popular type of this. A roll is pretty expensive but you can find it being sold in small quantities too - "iPod/iPhone repair tape" seems to be what they call it.
That's the real thing. Used it before, just have to press well for good conductivity.
Sold on ebay as "Double sided vertical Conductive tape", "conductive z-axis tape", ... under US$10 for 10 cm.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf