Author Topic: Socomec Sicon MODULYS 4500 UPS Repair  (Read 2407 times)

Offline gigabyte091Topic starter

• Contributor
Socomec Sicon MODULYS 4500 UPS Repair
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:31:47 am »
Hi Guys,

yesterday i picked up an old ups from dumpster. It´s Socomec Sicon MODULYS 4500 VA model. I connected mains and 4 SLA 12V 7.2Ah batteries in series, so input voltage was about 52V DC. Nothing happened. I opened it and checked for burned components and i found nothing. There are 3 1500VA modules, a main board, and one board where is everything connected. Also on that board there are two flyback psu, one is mains powered, and it is working, i can measure 15V on output, and there is another one battery powered, and that one is dead... no output voltage, no voltage on the UC3845... Also voltage regulators on main board are not recieving power... SMTP module is also dead, no input power... I saw only one fuse on board, for the mains powered psu... There is no fuse for battery... I found similar ups, only weaker... have similar board only 2 inputs for modules...

Any help is more than welcome.

Offline OiD

• Regular Contributor
Re: Socomec Sicon MODULYS 4500 UPS Repair
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 10:49:14 am »
Check the batteries, are they dead? can they light up a car light bulb? If they cant then their dead.

Check the main input power, follow the PCB, check the input filter all the way to the storage capacitors.

Check for blown transistors, fuses to the batteries, control signals...

Post pictures to get a better view of the device's PCB.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 05:44:03 pm »
Battery is new, i found out that auxilary power supply is not working, i will upload photos tommorow

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 04:01:56 am »
UPS ia fixed, and problem was very simple, one of the switches was dead and i was unable po turn on UPS... UPS is now working, but i want to enable network monitoring, SNMP card is working but in router i can only see UPS MAC address...

Offline OiD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 05:14:22 pm »
The simple fixes are the best fixes!  :-+

Try finding the user manual for the UPS and see if it has a chapter on how to setup the UPS via network. Maybe a default adress or a direct connection to configure it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf