Author Topic: Solartron Schlumberger 7150plus:replacing power filter and some pimping  (Read 1406 times)

Offline ZermalmerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi,
I bought a 7150plus and had the hope, that I can avoid the repacement of the power supply filter.
But I was wrong  :palm:
First short test after arrival was ok.
Then I took  it to the lab and let the 7150plus warm up...
20 to 30 minutes later I reentered the lab and the device send small clouds of dying.
But I had a little bit luck, because only a small amount of "the sauce" left the filter, so the cleanup (beside the smell) was not so big.

So I had to replace the filter (damn...the price still hurts |O )

Based on all the 7150 and 7150plus threads I also decided to pimp it a little bit and also wanted to replace the backlight and the plugs.
And also I wanted to be prepared to be able to calibrate the device.
So I build also a cal-jack-plug, and yes as right detected in this thread it is a 2,5mm jack.

Instead of other threads and posts in the internet I decided to use the Stäubli SLB4-E plugs. (not gold plated)

And I also exchanged the plugs on the backside.
For that I had to file away a little bit of the isolation of the Guard-plug, so that it fits over the resistor. (Let me know if you want to see a pic, then I will make one...totally forgot to make one)
I think the printings of the backside are still good readable.

From another older project I had left some 5mm amber LEDs and put them in.
The color of the light seemes to be identical to the original, but only brighter.

Best regards
Andreas

The following users thanked this post: BNElecEng

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
Congratulations Andreas, it looks  very  8), but I still like my white leds  :P, the calibration plugs on the other side, have no competition, absolutely perfect.
I'm hunting for 7150+ or a 7151, if someone has a 7151, I can offer one of the 7150  & difference.
So far the Kleinanzeigen only produced a Solartron "Cunter" with nice Nixie tubes  :-DD.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/solartron-frequency-cunter-em-1616/835104668-168-16814

Cheers,
  DC1MC

Offline ZermalmerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Thanks DC1MC.

I only had 2 white LEDs left from another project... so the amber won  :P

On ebay-Kleinanzeigen was a 2nd 7150+ after I bought this one ~3 weeks ago.
But the second one cost 100Euro more than I have paid (from the same seller)...but it looks like he sold it anyway.
I think there was also a 7151 in the past, but that was 5 to 7 weeks ago (or was it ebay? and the price ended in a region that was not worth it to me.

Best regards.
Andreas

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
My Fleabay properties (Klein- und Groß- Anzeigen) search-fu lately produced just a 7150 that was sold as a 7150+ (seller corrected and sold it a bit later) and a lot of strange pressure sensors and strain gauge amplifiers.
And some 12xx unicorns, way too  unaffordable for me :(.

If you see some and want to share them, drop me a line.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf