Author Topic: Syncmaster 943nw(19 inch lcd wide)  (Read 2218 times)

Offline rounsmithTopic starter

• Contributor
Syncmaster 943nw(19 inch lcd wide)
« on: September 25, 2015, 05:47:13 pm »
Hello to all,

got this monitor from recycling i got it on and i saw that was working... i left it there with only power and then plugged vga cable to it and after 3 seconds gone black... So i took the decision to take it apart.

Took it apart and didn't saw any bulging caps or such. So i went to test it again to see if it working (did a full teardown plugged and unplugged all cables).

After i got it back ,it went first on and after black but i could see image with a flashlight with a high pitch noise coming from the upper right corner(ccfl lamp section).

Left it there for 10 minutes and tried it again...now it comes on and i can see the screen is on with a little backlight (i can see but...) and that high pitch noise again.

Propably after got it dissambled i tore it? Or is something like transformer fuse or etc?:s

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: Syncmaster 943nw(19 inch lcd wide)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:14:29 pm »
After i got it back ,it went first on and after black but i could see image with a flashlight with a high pitch noise coming from the upper right corner(ccfl lamp section).
Sounds like you possibly have a frayed or suspect high voltage connection problem on the ccfl bulb and its wiring.

See

http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/Bad%20backlight%20lamp?sort=3&page=1

for examples.

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 03:43:09 am »
Took it apart and didn't saw any bulging caps or such.

doesnt mean they are fine
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 06:24:05 am »
Caps.

Offline rounsmithTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:15:19 am »
Caps.

Propably , will go to my aunt that has esr meter to measure them before taking them apart for no reason :P

Now i have another problem.

Got some other monitor (generic brand, big store in my country brings them rebrands them and sells them). Wasn't turning on , the monitor led that has for turning on was blinking, so i took the decision to take it apart to see for  bad caps. I dc'd everything and then i didn't connect that ccfl lamps to inverter and had a hissing sound. Took it 2nd time apart to see that problem. Connected everything and voila everything went working good as normal(monitor was working with no signal then  connected to pc for 10 minutes worked no problems at all).

The question is now... is that i saw when i was plugging the vga-dvi connector with vga cable on it to the monitor that connector was making some little sparkles...got a bit afraid to be honest. I plugged the monitor with a dvi cable to my pc had same problems.
Sparkles maybe be some bad connections , some sort to ground or? Should i investigate further? (I will connect that monitor to my workshop pc so i want everything to be good...).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:17:05 am by rounsmith »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf