Author Topic: T-CON board / Which design of capacitors ?  (Read 6526 times)

Offline miette_KruemelchenTopic starter

T-CON board / Which design of capacitors ?
« on: August 23, 2015, 08:12:47 pm »
Hello,

I would like to repair T-CON boards. For industry, the T-CON Board is part of the LED / LCD panel. The repair is often an economic write-off.

We find not circuit documents of this TCON boards. :-(  We find datasheets of few chips. It is a matter of luck!

I want to learn more. In the appendix is an image. This is a T-CON Board of a LG/PHILIPS Panel (type : LC260WX2). The board is defective!

On the right side you can see the power supply. Here are produced the voltages VS, VGH, VLOGIC, VGL. I want to measure more on the board. I can’t find datasheet of the processor. It is an LG.Philips LCD TL22710D  processor. (OITLL-0011A E316.0632)

Where could I find such documents. Have you an idea. A signal paths are very helpful. With practical exercises I want to better understand the T-CON Boards.

I have a problem with the power supply on the TCon Board. It are defective capacitors.

Here is a datasheet of TPS65160 IC. C3 and C16 are defect.

Are the Tantalum SMD capacitors? Which design of capacitors ?  What is the polarity?

Can you help me. Where can I find more information! Thank you for your help.

kind regards,

Sven

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: T-CON board / Which design of capacitors ?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 08:46:11 pm »
Here is a datasheet of TPS65160 IC. C3 and C16 are defect.

Are the Tantalum SMD capacitors? Which design of capacitors ?  What is the polarity?

Why do you think they are defective? I seriously doubt your ability because you even cannot distinguish ceramic capacitors. They don't have polarity.

Offline miette_KruemelchenTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:08:49 pm »
Hello !

Thank you for your answer.

I know Ceramic Capacitors! I know that there is no polarity! But there must be a kind of electrolytic capacitors. See image !

Bye, Sven

Offline acbern

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:42:10 am »
why should these two be electrolytic. they are not, electrolytics look different (look at your own picture). again, they are ceramics. and why are they defective, how have you found out?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf