Author Topic: tds3000 look what happened  (Read 7811 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: tds3000 look what happened
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:14 pm »
Please read R_G_B

This thread is hard work and I don't know why.  :-//
You'll see the images in the OP have been looked at 100's of times and this thread is getting plenty of views for the short time it's been active.

Your replies have been....well what can I say.....short.
For those following along at home or for any that stumble upon this thread in the future it's going to be hard work too as finer detail for fault analysis is required.

I hate seeing good equipment broken and while I may not have all the skills to offer the fixes I'll do my best to the point when another member with better skills picks up the challenge but we need more to go on.
So please give us more to go on, use the Quote button so your reply is in context and doesn't have us guessing.
You might be frustrated by your broken scope, I'm just as much by lack of detail in replies.
Re-read the thread and edit for those following and those that find the thread in the future.

BTW my signature has nothing to do with my willingness to help or suggested replacement preference, it is required by the moderators.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 10:04:21 am »
There's a factory adjustment procedure listed on P74 of the manual that is entered during power on boot....could be worth a try to see what's in the menus within.
There might even be an error log there that might point you in the right direction.

In the adjustment procedure, it calls out for a "Fast-rise generator 1 MHz repetition rate, 1 V
Pk-Pk signal,  with <1 ns rise time" and suggests a Wavetek 9500 Oscilloscope Calibrator with one 9510 Output module. That's just a bit out of my budget! Is there a low cost alternative that someone knows of? Everything else I have.

Jay
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:14:33 pm by Jwalling »
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline R_G_B_Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 09:52:25 pm »
It is highly likely that the firmware is corrupt as the screen shows the the word Bug with a code.

It won't load firmware from the disk drive so the only way is either hack the scope to gain access to the RAM where the firmware is stored.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:00:05 am by R_G_B_ »
R_G_B

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf