Author Topic: Teardown : Keithley 2510 TEC SMU repair and calibration [complete]  (Read 19619 times)

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Teardown : Keithley 2510 TEC SMU repair and calibration [complete]
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 02:52:05 am »
Your post reminded me that I bought a plcc adapter for my 2510 firmware.

I tried the secret menu but my rev A03 fw has no AT enable feature. I backed up my firmware and was going to flash the fw from your website until I noticed you were using the s file format.

Do you happen to have a bin file instead? I tried mot2bin.exe and it gave me a much larger file. I have not used this utility before today. Any help would be appreciated.

I will email you the A03 file when I get a chance.

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 05:24:14 am »
Never mind, I figured it out. I was able to use my programmer even though it wasn't immediately obvious. I did find another utility that would also work. It is 010 editor.

Offline TiNTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »
I used WinHEX.

Binary was posted before in repository as well: http://dev.xdevs.com/projects/rnd/repository/show/Keithley/2510/firmware
 :bullshit:

Thanks for A03.
I am pretty positive that you may need recalibration, so beware.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:54:25 pm by TiN »
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 11:58:43 pm »
You are correct, calibration constants appear to be lost. This is not a big deal, the only caveat is that I don't have a 1ohm 100W resistor. I have the rest in one form or another.

The serial number was also lost. I found your dump of the serial eeprom and it looks like the serial number is stored in the first set of bytes. I have ordered another adapter for my programmer.

I am looking at building a resistor array using some Riedon FPR2A-10RF1 or lower ohm value across a long heat sink. I have found a few enclosures and heat sinks I could mod. I have already done this for another test jig and it turned out fine.

Offline TiNTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 08:55:14 am »
You don't really need 100W rated resistor, SMU does not give that much power and it's pretty quick anyway.
I used 7W ones posted in thread above, worked well, and resistor was not even heat up.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 12:33:40 pm »
That is good to know. I have a 1 ohm vhp-4 resistor but it has a max of 3A. I will find something a little beefier without the need for a another major project.

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 05:30:22 pm »
TiN,

Have you powered the 2510 through a GFCI outlet? So far, I have only had my 2510 trip the breaker. It happens almost immediately so it makes me think the SMPS inside the 2510 is causing the issue.

I only have one GFCI in the room and I will probably pick up a different adapter but I would like to know if you had any experience with this.

Offline TiNTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:32 pm »
I had to google what is that first. :)
No, i power all my gear from standard earthed outlets, which run into standard apartment breakers. Its 110VAC 60Hz here in Taiwan.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf