Author Topic: Teardown, Repair and Experiments with the Anritsu 37347A 20GHz Network Analyzer  (Read 12265 times)

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
Thanks for all the comments. I will keep them in mind.

I want to replace the HDD, fix the LCD screen with LED backlight and possibly tackle the PLL issue. Maybe make another video out of it.

That would be good; looking forward to the video.
 :-+ :-+
Sue AF6LJ

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
We all know that Poochie does the hard work of fixing the issues that stump Shahriar.  :)

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
In the meantime, I am studying more on the uses of this instrument.

Finally made the decision (at 42 years old) to finish my EE degree and go on to get a masters. Since I spend most of my days learning, I figured I should add some structure and get some credit for the effort.

Sharir, you have been a considerable inspiration to do this.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Online HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
We all know that Poochie does the hard work of fixing the issues that stump Shahriar.  :)

The other day I was working on a broken scope and there was a small connector with a short cable attached to it. When I was trying to close everything up I could not find that cable no matter what. Eventually I gave up and made one from the parts in the lab. Next day when I went to feed Pooch, it was in his food bowl. He keeps taking stuff and putting it in his food bowl!  :-//

Offline wkb

• Frequent Contributor
Again a very interesting video!  Thank you!

Online HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
Finally made the decision (at 42 years old) to finish my EE degree and go on to get a masters. Since I spend most of my days learning, I figured I should add some structure and get some credit for the effort.

Thank you, I hold this type of compliment in the highest regard. My intention for starting The Signal Path has always been to provide free education and (humbly) some inspiration.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.

Thank you, I hold this type of compliment in the highest regard. My intention for starting The Signal Path has always been to provide free education and (humbly) some inspiration.

Shahriar (spelled correctly this time)

I can see you blasting through sophisticated challenges because you have built up the knowledge, skills, and experience to make it seem easy. While I have been able to tackle some big challenges, every step of the process is a learning experience. The end result is that it takes me a long time to get what I want and many times it is just too far out of my intellectual reach to be practical. I really don't like running into my own limitations. Those limitations are considerable since I don't have the foundation - my self-education is full of holes.

I may be the only kid in class with an electronics design and manufacturing business. No problem finding lab partners.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
I want to replace the HDD, fix the LCD screen with LED backlight and possibly tackle the PLL issue. Maybe make another video out of it.

That's sounds great. Lots of stuff out there that could use similar HDD and LCD fixes.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter

The other day I was working on a broken scope and there was a small connector with a short cable attached to it. When I was trying to close everything up I could not find that cable no matter what. Eventually I gave up and made one from the parts in the lab. Next day when I went to feed Pooch, it was in his food bowl. He keeps taking stuff and putting it in his food bowl!  :-//
My former Cat Kayles use to do that. She loved to tune around on my amateur radio.
I also have a Weller hand piece she has chewed up the outer silicone jacket on.
I miss my Cat.

Yes that is her in my avatar. :)
Sue AF6LJ

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
He keeps taking stuff and putting it in his food bowl!

He just contributes his part of help. Instead of looking for stuff everywhere, you will just need to check one place to find needed things!  ;)
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream

You're lucky, my cat puts everything in his water bowl.
VE7FM

Offline bg9gas

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf