Author Topic: Teardown, Repair & Experiments of an Agilent E7495B 2.7GHz Base Statio Tester  (Read 3437 times)

Offline HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
You can watch the video here: [23 Minutes]
youtu.be/IWW2_VzIEXg

More videos at The Signal Path:
http://www.TheSignalPath.com

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Well, that was ugly. Looks like they took the necessary parts from the N1996a and somehow managed to put in in that housing  :palm:
Anyway, if you want to enable some more options have a look here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/agilent-e7495-linux-root-account/msg615695/#msg615695  8)
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
Ribbons galore. 
I wonder what Bill and Dave would have said if they saw the inside of that unit being developed.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Pretty weird indeed, especially considering his big brother the N1996A is so neat and tidy. I think they would be much more valuable if the source frequency didn't start at 375 MHz.

Shahriar - please help with my PM if possible, you're my only hope!
VE7FM

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
Wow..
Talk about five pounds of compost in a four pound bag...
That is almost as bad as my IFR FM/AM 1000S
Sue AF6LJ

Offline HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
Well, that was ugly. Looks like they took the necessary parts from the N1996a and somehow managed to put in in that housing  :palm:
Anyway, if you want to enable some more options have a look here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/agilent-e7495-linux-root-account/msg615695/#msg615695  8)

Thank you!

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
Good video thanks.  :-+ :-+
Sue AF6LJ

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the video, I have one of these or a very similar model -- It also seems to be a dead power supply.
Looks like it may have some display damage, but until I light up the display, I'm not sure.

Sadly it has some other physical damage to the RF in/out I may have to improvise a fix for out of semi-rigid coax and decent connectors.  (Or see if Keysight is only asking reasonable prices for the part.)

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Thanks for the video, I have one of these or a very similar model -- It also seems to be a dead power supply.
Looks like it may have some display damage, but until I light up the display, I'm not sure.

Sadly it has some other physical damage to the RF in/out I may have to improvise a fix for out of semi-rigid coax and decent connectors.  (Or see if Keysight is only asking reasonable prices for the part.)

I've seen mention that some people have had the LCD screen start to de-laminate. Post up some pictures and maybe we can offer some advice on how to handle the damaged RF in/out connector.
VE7FM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf