Author Topic: Tek 2211 CRT Weirdness  (Read 11509 times)

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Tek 2211 CRT Weirdness
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »
Its nice and sharp, and bright.  It may be some simple thing. But ......

Since you just bought it, I would send it back, though. **Make sure you dont negotiate outside of the ebay system** and make sure ebay pays postage, also photograph everything and box it up better than it came to you, box it up in a much better box.  Make sure its return receipt, etc.

Item not as represented. Or whatever its called.

I think some unscrupulous ebay people often send out stuff they know is broken hoping that the person who gets it will accept it or screw up in some way and end up having to eat the cost.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:25:06 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 08:19:36 pm »
Out of curiosity, if I could score a new tube, is it difficult to replace? Physically it doesn't look that complicated, but would the scope require recalibration with a new tube?
Scopes are not really precision instruments, at least not better than your eyes  ;) you won't touch the timebase replacing the tube so that will be ok, all it maybe needs is amplitude and centering, not a difficult job.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline N2IXK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »
Replacing a CRT is fairly easy. The only touchy part is if the tube has deflection plate connections to pins out the side of the neck. These are VERY fragile, and need to be handled with care. You also need to discharge the HV supplies before handling the tube base contacts or the PDA lead (which is usually a plug in connection on a flying lead). X and Y gain might need minor tweaking, as will astigmatism and cutoff/focus/bias.

I can't find a 2211 parts list online anywhere, so I can't give you a tektronix p/n for the tube to search for. Look for a tag on the tube with a number that starts with 154-xxxx-xx. Any given scope model might use 3-4 different parts numbers as various optional phosphors were often available. Yours looks like standard P31.

Sphere Research has a lot of NOS Tek CRTs available:

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tek-crts.html

"My favorite programming language is...SOLDER!"--Robert A. Pease

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf