Author Topic: Tek 2232 Should Signal Invert In Store Mode?  (Read 923 times)

Offline HornethandlerTopic starter

• Contributor
Tek 2232 Should Signal Invert In Store Mode?
« on: April 05, 2018, 12:50:46 pm »
I have a Tek 2232 that seems to be working fine; however, the signal inverts 180 degrees when switching from Non-Store to Store... is that normal?

I didn’t see anything in the Adjustment Procedure or Performance Check Procedures that indicates the signal inverts when switching from Non-Store to Store.

Thanks, 
If it's not broken, fix it until it is.

Offline Testtech

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tek 2232 Should Signal Invert In Store Mode?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:20:42 pm »
One channel, or both? I think that the inverted channel has had the ribbon cable connection from the main board to the storage board reversed.
It is also possible that the wrong A/D hybrid (the large plugin modules on the storage board) has been installed. There are two versions, that look identical, but are not, as the input polarity is swapped.

Offline HornethandlerTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Tek 2232 Should Signal Invert In Store Mode?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:43 pm »
Thanks for your help.

I believe I found the problem; it was finger trouble.

While calibrating the scope I discovered a trigger position setting in the Acquisition Menu.  While In Store Mode you can set (and save) the trigger position anywhere on the signal via the Acquisition Menu.  It had been set to trigger on the negative going signal.  I repositioned it to trigger at the beginning of the first positive going pulse and now the signal doesn't invert when switching to Store Mode.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:57:57 am by Hornethandler »
If it's not broken, fix it until it is.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf