Author Topic: tektronics 2225 series vertical adjustment pot  (Read 850 times)

Offline v0ltair3Topic starter

• Contributor
tektronics 2225 series vertical adjustment pot
« on: August 08, 2018, 12:55:19 pm »
Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased an old tek 2225 that has the vertical positioning pots quite damaged and is challenging to adjust.

According to the service manual, the pots (R123) are 470 ohms but I have no ideia were to find them... the most similar was on ebay someone selling the entire front board of a equivalent model where I could eventually salvage those, but I am not 100 sure about the state and 25$ for a pot is a tough...

here the pot design from the ebay bid:

Any ideia where I can find those ?? or this is really something I can't find on the regular market ?

Thank you so much in advance,
V0lt

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: tektronics 2225 series vertical adjustment pot
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 01:35:00 pm »
Not sure if you can still get them but they were made by Mullard / Philips under the CRC12 type. See datasheet here: http://server-die.alc.upv.es/electroweb/datasheet/resist/crc12.pdf

Not sure who sold them or if they continued to sell them after Philips sold off their subsidiaries who made these.

I had a 2225 and this worried me somewhat I have to admit.

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
Re: tektronics 2225 series vertical adjustment pot
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 01:11:23 am »
I bought one of these and the horizontal pot was going bad. Had no luck with an individual pot but picked up a complete front board in perfect shape from Q Service. I was about $45 shipped to US. Not at all hard to install.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf