Author Topic: Tektronix 2213 issues  (Read 14534 times)

Offline JoeO

• Frequent Contributor
  • I admit to being deplorable
Re: Tektronix 2213 issues
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:12 pm »
I am curious Dave,  what software/procedure do you use to merge 2 schematic pages into 1?
The day Al Gore was born there were 7,000 polar bears on Earth.
Today, only 26,000 remain.

Online David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 03:22:33 am »
I am curious Dave,  what software/procedure do you use to merge 2 schematic pages into 1?

I use Photoshop and have been doing it this way since the 1990s:

1. Convert all images to grayscale or color.
2. On each image, use the ruler tool to mark a horizontal or vertical line near or which crosses the merge area.  Then use Image Rotation - Arbitrary which will automatically have the angle entered to rotate the image to perfect horizontal or vertical.
3. Trim any boundaries off of each image which may affect step 4.
4. Automatic contrast for each image.
5. Pick one of the images and expand its canvass so the other images will fit.
6. One by one, copy the other images and then past them into the canvass expanded image.
7. As each image is copied, sets its transparency to 50%.  Now the pasted image may be lined up to overlap best with the canvass expanded image.
8. Trim the pasted image in the overlap area to select the best aspects of both.
9. Reset the transparency and flatten.  Go back to step 6 if more images remain.
10. Trim the canvass.
11. Use the color selection tool to grab the background color which will usually be white.
12. Contract the selected area by 1 pixel.
13. Use the selection tool to add any areas which should be part of the background like specks and discolorations.
14. Fill the selected area with white.

The following users thanked this post: JoeO

Offline Teknow

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 06:21:55 am »
That'll do. Lots of thanks David.

Online alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 08:48:32 am »
There are also panorama stitching tools that can do the same in a more automated fashion.

Online David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 10:01:02 am »
There are also panorama stitching tools that can do the same in a more automated fashion.

I assume they are intended for continuous tone images.  I never found one which worked on scans of schematics.

Online alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 10:13:02 am »
I can't see how continuous tone would make a difference. Panorama stitching works by correcting geometric and perspective distortion to map multiple images to one common surface (e.g. sphere). It tries to find a transformation that produces a maximum amount of matching overlap between image pairs. You would obviously have no perspective distortion to deal with. When I asked about it a number of years ago, Dave at ArtekManuals used Panavue to stitch old schematics that were scanned as A4. I imagine you could also do a good job with Hugin or the individual components of PanoTools.

Online David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 07:02:12 pm »
I spent a couple hours working with Panavue and while I got it basically working once I fooled the lens type to duplicate a scanner, it is obviously not the right tool and took longer to generate poorer results than doing it manually.  It is obviously stitching the images together using the hints that you must provide however it does not analyze the images themselves along their overlap for proper alignment which makes sense if continuous tone images are expected.  Its user interface is pretty horrible as well with no dragging, no synchronized dragging, and way too many unnecessary dialogs.

It would work better where the source material is more consistent but the only way to guaranty that is to do the scans yourself in which case you already have the original document.  I might be able to clean up the original scans well enough in Photoshop to get acceptable results but in that case, I have already done most of the work anyway and Panavue would not save any time.

It tries to find a transformation that produces a maximum amount of matching overlap between image pairs.

Panavue demonstratively does not do this.

Offline Josebeeblebrox

• I'm just this guy...
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:10 am »
Thanks David. I have been looking for this diagram for ages! It looks as if most (if not all) pdf versions that you can download are missing schematic 3. I was just about to buy a hard copy!

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 12:45:09 am »
Have you tried "enblend" for this?

http://enblend.sourceforge.net/

I also am looking for the service manual/schematic etc, for my Tektronix 2211 scope.

So can definitely relate!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:06:37 am by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Online David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 11:20:04 am »
Have you tried "enblend" for this?

Every compositing program I have tried has massively failed on line art.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 06:14:17 pm »
Enblend is particularly good at this particular kind of thing, especially if you have scanned the overlapping originals, which means that they are already fairly accurate.

http://enblend.sourceforge.net/

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/scans/en.shtml
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:25:38 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline Teknow

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2020, 11:16:32 am »
Hello everybody,

Can somebody please avail Tektronix 2213 service manual only page 5-12  here, for I downloaded two versions of the manual but this page is missing in both.

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:19:20 am by Teknow »

Offline Carl E

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 02:16:45 am »
This is page 5-12 from the 2213 Service Manual. If it doesn't make it, repost and  I'll try to send it again

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf