Author Topic: Tektronix 2430A timing/gain problem under 100us both channels  (Read 1440 times)

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Tektronix 2430A timing/gain problem under 100us both channels
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:10:14 pm »
I replaced a CCD hybrid chip and fixed the main CH1 gain problem.

Now I still have some triggering problems, its jitters and is hard to lock in.

And a big problem, I go under 100us, the vertical gain on both channels goes way off, way over magnified and a wall of blur. I can make out blurry traces of test signals on both channels, its its a mess and it won't center or do anything right position-wise. Acts the same for AD/DC coupling, and both traces still match horizontally and I can move them side/side. And so the triggering is still same it seems to me.

And its not just showing a zero line either, regardless of the V/div. Although I made a couple of crystal oscl' circuits and I could get the signal zoomed in a 50ns or so, and somewhere under 20mV/div I think, and it still on both traces, but how much was the real signal strength IDK. But the frequencies where 6,8, 12, MHz, maybe 24MHz  too. Time to fool around more.

Changing the bandwidth from full 200MHz back to 50 and even better 20MHz , improves the blurry mess a bit. And does turning 'smooth' on. But sometimes its better 'smooth off' To pick out whats there.

I still have  7000,8000,9000 problem codes (however its not calibrated either and in videos people say that fails some tests too), I need to cross of the list the ones fixed with this new CCD IC.

Right now I have a 134KHz on both channels at. I can make out to ghost sine waves , ch2 is doing better, make easier to make it out, its filling in the the whole area of the wave light green. Ch1 is more like making vertical lines to the differents heights along the waveform.

The vertical gain only barely works at zero, the signal more or less dissapairs above/below zero vertical. It is getting the P2P voltage tho at 5us.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:29:51 pm by lordvader88 »

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: Tektronix 2430A timing/gain problem under 100us both channels
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:35:52 am »
I swapped the 2 Pre-amp chips again, # 2 is in 1, and must have had a bad connection before, because now ch1 seem to work fully at all s/div and all that crazy noise is gone this time from ch2, and ch1 works. The triggers are still funny.

And Now Ch2 still looks like a funny ghost image filly in the test wave.

Under screen intensity control, when switching vector graphics off, I get a nice but fairly dotted sine wave trace, but also some bright central trace, and does strange stuff when scrolling up/down

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf