Author Topic: TEKTRONIXS 2430A low voltage PSU problem?  (Read 793 times)

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
TEKTRONIXS 2430A low voltage PSU problem?
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:54:32 pm »
Last winter I took it apart after someone here realized one of the channels vertical gain was busted(I think Ch1). I thought it was a setting I had "clicked on" or something, but I knew something was wrong after not being able to turn it back to normal.

It's a used ebay TEKTRONIXS 2430A, and I bought it before I'm at the level of a 1-2nd yr EE "course-wise", my 1st DSO. I now also have a mini-osiloscope, a DSO138. And I have yet to use it on this repair.

The scope has sat 90% assembled for weeks/months, and I've been using it as a table, and its sitting on its side, like a tower, right now there is mail delveleriy packaging, a drawer of diodes and ICs, ibuprofen, book, box of resistors, rubber armor of DMM, yogurt container from the winter, why did I think I should save that ? Its  empty

Anyways when it was all fully taken apart, the 5V rails were 7.3V or so. And using a DMM I never found any problems, and so IDK if that voltage is suppose to be about 7.3V when all the other boards are un hooked. I never checked it with any load, so IDK, its almost back togethger but I never fired her up yet.

I've almost put it back together (but can't yet find one cables right place...wow, and I have several schematics)

And if I use the working channel to probe the non working 1, what should I NEVER do? IDK ?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:09:24 pm by lordvader88 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf