Author Topic: Tiny/low profile linear pot for front panel  (Read 558 times)

Offline calinTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Tiny/low profile linear pot for front panel
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »
Recently I got an old 10Mhz Leader 300 oscilloscope  from Craigslist for like 20$ .. one old crusty thing for sure but for my kiddie to use on his RC stuff outside in dirt is good enough. 
Of course it was not working and the knobs for trigger and Y position were literally stuck frozen. I had to literally snap the darn things off to be able to disassemble the front panel and clean it so the original-s are gone .. shaft broken :))

I bodged 3 temporary 20K pots and got the scope back to life but I want to get it back to "pretty" stage only problem is I cannot find anywhere 20K pots that are this small. Well the size is standard 9mm straight PCB mount pots but the profile/height is just 3.5 mm (close to that) and shaft is just 4 mm D. I attached couple of pictures - they seem to be made by Alpha Taiwan but meh cant't find anything that "thin".

Does anyone have any idea of a source/replacement for this small pots?

The closest I found are all 9mm,  something like this http://www.taydaelectronics.com/20k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer-round-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html and I also found some Bourns PTV09 series that are also very similar. I don't mind the shaft being to big, a bit of Dremel and polish can solve that problem :) .. but the thickness has to be under 4-5mm so they fit between the front panel PCB and front panel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf