Author Topic: Toshiba Satellite A210-133 - screen turning off  (Read 1024 times)

Offline SrbelTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics engineer
Toshiba Satellite A210-133 - screen turning off
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:14:36 pm »
Today it finally started to fail. A few times in the last 15 minutes it happened. The screen is on, and all of the sudden, it just turns off (picture disappears). Backlight is still on.
Now it works again (I am typing this on it). But I think it will just get worse and worse, and will fail completely.

Last time it happened, I had seen a picture disappearing (black screen) and in that moment (half a second) a few thin horizontal lines appear in the middle, and then just completely black screen.
I have tried pressing the edges surrounding the screen, and it did nothing.

I don't think it it the LCD cable or connector, because in that case I would probably have some picture left.
I think that it is the GPU, or some capacitor on the GPU power supply rail.

The problem is that this laptop is held more by super-glue than by screws, and if I disassemble it again, I don’t think I will be able to assemble it again (like I barely managed to do last time). So, I need to be certain that I could repair it, or it will not be worth it to disassemble it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:17:24 pm by Srbel »

Offline spilihps

• Regular Contributor
Re: Toshiba Satellite A210-133 - screen turning off
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:31:16 am »
Does it have a external VGA port that you can hook up a screen to. To see if the problem follows or not.
That could help you atleast narrow it down a bit?

Offline SrbelTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics engineer
Re: Toshiba Satellite A210-133 - screen turning off
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 02:59:24 pm »
It does have it. I will try it next time it happens.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf