Author Topic: TS-430S LSB audio distorted.  (Read 1231 times)

Offline maxbarjrTopic starter

TS-430S LSB audio distorted.
« on: June 12, 2016, 04:24:52 am »
I have a TS-430S transceiver with transmit audio problem on LSB.  USB is fine.  The report I got from other station says my audio pitch is high and distorted compared to USB which I got is good audio report.  Tried to calibrate using WWV and I can't make the sound similar or even almost similar.  Reference oscillator is measuring 36Mhz.  I only have MFJ Antenna Analyzer that I use to check freq. and a Fluke DMM and other basic tools.

Appreciate any help.

Max

Offline cncjerry

• Supporter
Re: TS-430S LSB audio distorted.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 05:14:11 am »
How is the receive?  Are you implying that listening to WWV sounds distorted?  Sounds like your carrier oscillator or BFO is off frequency.  Could be a crystal.  Some radios have two separate oscillators that feed a mixer and depending on the sideband selected the oscillator gets dc power.  So something in the switching can be off powering the wrong oscillator?

Offline maxbarjrTopic starter

Re: TS-430S LSB audio distorted.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:09:00 am »
Hi cncjerry.  Thank you for your reply.  The receive is fine.  Except that when I calibrate to WWV, I can not match the sound switching back and forth on  LSB and USB no matter what adjustment I do.  When receiving SSB transmission on LSB or USB, the sound is fine except for a little off frequency on both that I have to use the RIT to get the correct pitch.

Hmm..I hope that explains it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf