Author Topic: Volvo electronic module repair.  (Read 33968 times)

Offline juris.dTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Volvo electronic module repair.
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »
A little update to this.

The original flash chip got soldered in to the donor device and all is working as intended.

As discussed above - the flash devices, even though from different vendors, were compatible my case. In ABL's case - the flash devices were incompatible - hence a straight swap was not possible/working.

For anyone in the future, who wants to try their luck in doing this, I suggest you look for a donor that has a similar configuration flash device. The challenge might be to decode the part specs, but google always helps.

In the process a heatsink was added to the MCU as a general precaution as I have read that they sometimes fail due to overheating.

If anybody is interested in seeing pictures, give me a shout.

Thanks a lot to everyone involved!

Offline BennVenn

• Regular Contributor
    • BennVenn's site
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 12:31:50 am »
Just from a Flash perspective, some flash IC's contain a region that can be programmed with serial numbers etc that are seperate from the ROM data. Could be that the MCU is looking and comparing this data with data in the ROM? But then that wouldn't explain why a ROM transer would work...

Take a look at the datasheet to see if your IC has this 'feature' and see if it can be re-written? Maybe the manufacturer sets all these areas to a known value for a particular revision.

Offline German

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 10:20:36 pm »
Hello everyone, I am live in spain, and I in the same situation. I have a faulty original cem, with AB28F400, and I bought a scrap one with TB28F400
If I desolder the flash from the original cem and solder it on the used cem, will the car start?

And the other question, with a 40w tin soldering iron is it dangerous to touch the flash pins or is it necessary only with hot air or butane soldering iron to avoid burning the flash by currents?

https://ibb.co/JkyCvDX

https://ibb.co/9GS4y1q

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf