Author Topic: Warning - Fake MJ16012 transistors on eBay  (Read 16502 times)

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Re: Warning - Fake MJ16012 transistors on eBay
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 12:00:38 pm »
Thanks, now I want a curve tracer
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline JoeO

• Frequent Contributor
  • I admit to being deplorable
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 01:25:17 pm »
I bought some OpAmps recently from China. What made me look closer was the datecode. It claimed production in 2012, but the company was sold and renames in 2005. And the production of this OpAmp ended at about 1999.

Interestingly enough some of the chips worked, some did not. I put some samples under XRay to compare them to the original ones. That result was surprising. The ICs contained the correct die and looked similar to the original ones. But I found some who were reversed! Those did not work of course. Through some talks with the guys from the original manufacturer, I found out, that that they "lost" a complete container of those parts which did not meet the specs or did not work at all.
My parts must be from this batch, the chinese just relabeled them to sell them.

I filed a complaint to eBay but they demanded me to send the parts backon my cost. I had to go to the police and report a fraud issue. Only with a copy of the police papers eBay / PayPal returned my money an I could scrap the parts.

Guess what, this seller (goodtronic) is still selling those part.

Well ...

I just searched for goodtronic on ebay.  They are gone.  Either they changed their name or ebay took them off.
The day Al Gore was born there were 7,000 polar bears on Earth.
Today, only 26,000 remain.

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »
They're probably called excelentronic now or something.

Offline Jay_Diddy_BTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 02:50:53 pm »

***************************************************************************************

UPDATE

Thanks to guidance provided in the forum I requested a refund through the eBay system.

Ebay policy:
"If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere."

I got the refund very quickly.

The catch is that I can not provide any feedback now on eBay. It is like this transaction never existed.

This loophole allow the sale of counterfeit parts to persist without warnings in the feedback system.

I have reported the item and several other items to eBay as being counterfeit, but as of now no action has been taken.

*************************************************************************************************

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

The following users thanked this post: Rasz, Tomorokoshi

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 09:17:11 pm »
The trick might be to leave negative feedback first. From your post Im guessing you received an 'official' ebay refund, I never got that, just ordinary seller refunds - opened disputes asking seller for refund because counterfeit and was able to leave neg after receiving money, followed by 'y u do dis we so honest' messages while they still listed fake garbage :(
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf