Author Topic: Waveform Generators TFG6910A Serach FW  (Read 1017 times)

Offline iAleksTopic starter

• Contributor
Waveform Generators TFG6910A Serach FW
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:39:05 pm »
Hi, all!
I have signal generator, with boot problem.
After turning on, it hangs on the logo. Further, if you click on the button, pink vertical stripes appear, and this is the end. I think the problem is in the firmware. I did not find the official firmware. Therefore I am looking for people with the same device. who will be able to read the firmware dump, there is a flash memory C29AL016Zh70TFI02 on the board. I think this is necessary for all owners of this device because I know one more case with a similar problem.

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Waveform Generators TFG6910A Serach FW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:11:25 am »
Hi!

Have you checked wether your unit is still under warranty?

If it's not or it's too expensive in shipping to argue it out with the supplier, try opening up your unit and disconnect the front–panel from the main board completely, leave the unit like this for half–an–hour to allow caps to discharge, etc., then reassemble and power up!

If still no luck, post us clear photos of both the main and front–panel pcbs, there might be a reset button or link we can identify!

Have you tried emailing the maker for the firmware? It might install from a usb stick like Rigol DMM's do!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:14:52 am by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:06:15 pm »
Suin seem to be the manufacturer, there's a support/download page there, perhaps they can help?

http://www.suindigital.com/news/Arbitrary-Waveform-Generators-Bandwidth.html

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 05:02:35 pm »
Hi!

Get this file from my Dropbox:–

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nj5ye78lknx1594/20160106054631289.sys?dl=0

First of all, format an EMPTY USB stick to FAT32, and place the downloaded file in the top level of the stick (NOT in a folder!), then insert the prepared stick in your generator's front–panel with the power off.

Switch the generator on, if you see a response from the stick, wait at least five minutes after all stick activity ceases before trying the generator again, unless the screen of the generator comes up with a by indications to guide progress!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline iAleksTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 11:12:31 pm »
Chris Williams,
Thanks, no warranty. Disconnection F/P not help, usb stick not help.
I asked for Suin support, send me firmware, they redirected my message to the distributor in Russia. Distributor said they have a similar device in the service center with such a problem and they will tell me how to fix it, now it's been 2 weeks. have not yet responded :(

CJay,
Their site is very strange, it says "firmware" and for what device does not the word "driver" for what? Anyway unfortunately no fiirmware.

Here's a video of what it looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFP4Ph-BJyI&feature=youtu.be

I have a software for updating the firmware, the flash.flash file, and it seems like the firmware but this file is not intended for direct writing to flash, it is somehow processed or the chip CH372B or alter cyclone, I do not know.
When I run the soft, it tries to read the firmware (at that time pink stripes appear), it's endless.
File akip_orig.BIN This is what i read from flash.
https://yadi.sk/d/Ee6aEo-x3Y8zZZ

I do not understand what the manufacturer's problem is simply to read the firmware, and send it..

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 04:55:44 pm »
Hi!

The file I uploaded to Dropbox was about 7.7MB – typical of the size used for flash–upgrading that type of instrument – are you sure there's no response when you turn it on?

I had a look at your video – can you do anything with the buttons, etc., before the pink bars cover all the way across and the lettering, etc., blanks off?

Chris Williams

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 05:12:39 pm »
PS!

That 10–pin header J31 near the top corner in your third picture – is that a JTAG Interface you can connect some sort of monitor to read what the generator is doing at boot–up? – there's a long thread dealing with  the Rigol DM3058 DMM that might help you work out how to monitor the JTAG!

It's also possible, that there's a PC to JTAG Interface circuit you can make up that will allow the flash tool (flash.exe) in the folder you uploaded to flash direct via the  10 pin header – that could be what that 7.7MB *.sys file is for!

There's only a few standard JTAG Interface pinouts – these can be looked up online and a chip datasheet for the big Cypress should tell you where the MOST/MOSI, etc., pins are!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:23:48 pm by Chris56000 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf