Author Topic: WavePro 950  (Read 1150 times)

Offline grumpydocTopic starter

• Super Contributor
WavePro 950
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:34:31 pm »
Anyone know how to get one of these &^%^!!! scopes apart.

There is a security attachment on the case of the one I just bought. Ideally I'd remove it but it looks as though it is bolted to the side top cover in which case removing it will leave a hole so it might as well stay but I can't figure out how to get the covers off to check.

I have removed the side screws but they look to hold the bottom cover in place. I have removed the screws hiding in the feet which clearly fix the cover onto the chassis but the cover shows no signs of being even slightly loose after that and I don't want to get over violent with it.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: WavePro 950
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:56:36 pm »
Check for any screws under a label.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline grumpydocTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: WavePro 950
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:42:51 pm »
Check for any screws under a label.
No labels really, but I have it figured.

You have to remove the upper back feet then the front bezel (three screws underneath, then wriggle off which is tricky without damaging the plastic clips which hold it at the top), which reveals a further 7 screws around the front of the top cover - two on each side and three across the top. You can then slide the top cover off.

The bottom cover just requires removing the visible screws and gently but firmly tugging.

The security thing is not bolted through the cover so it is probably stuck on with epoxy or cyanoacrylate. I think I'll leave it as the bond is very probably stronger than the fairly thin sheet steel of the case. I've removed the hemisperical plastic cover which makes it look less obtrusive.

It is similar to these "compulock" ones.

Acetone might remove the glue but it might also remove the paint.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf