Author Topic: Why did my new Hisense 43 inch TV fix itself after 12 days ?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline ez24Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
Why did my new Hisense 43 inch TV fix itself after 12 days ?
« on: August 21, 2017, 12:07:03 am »
Hi

On Aug 2, 2017,  I bought a 43 inch Hisense TV (because it has 3 USB ports).  When I turned off the TV, it would come back on aut after 20 seconds.  Then it took me 10 seconds to turn it off again and it would NOT come back on by itself (the second time).  The TV had to be warmed up for this to happen.  This would not happen to it when cold.

I got the last one at Costco and I waited almost 2 weeks to see if they would get another one and they did not.  But other Costco's in the area have them so I was going to return it and get another one.  The night before I was going to return it, the TV did not come back on.

For a week now it has worked OK (stays off).   How and what happened?  How could it fix itself?  The TV is not connected to the internet nor cable, just an antenna.  There are no firmware updates.

BTW technical help had me do resets that did not help.  They said they never heard of this problem and the TV had to be returned.  My guess it was a "whisker" in a logic circuit that disappeared after 12 days.

TIA

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Re: Why did my new Hisense 43 inch TV fix itself after 12 days ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 12:30:08 am »
Maybe the TV has Wi-Fi and updated itself, or maybe you have a neighbor with a remote that interfere with your TV.

It could also be because of dried/bulged/leaked capacitor. Temperature variation, or simply just the passing of time, can make the defect hard to reproduce.

Replace it if you can.

Even better, return it if you can.
TV is really, really bad, a real life damager.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
Re: Why did my new Hisense 43 inch TV fix itself after 12 days ?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 12:32:19 am »
Perhaps it tried to check for updates as some TVs do during long switch off periods at night, and it went south ?   :-//

I had to dig deep into the menus on my Panasonic to disable this annoyance.

If it happens again and you suspect a whisker, blow some air into the vents if possible with a vac in reverse and some light tapping etc, you may get lucky   :-+

Worst case, take a video when it exhibits the bad behaviour as 'proof'  for when you return it,
otherwise you know the deal with that  |O   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf