Author Topic: [Quick Review]: Eschenbach labo-clip  (Read 3290 times)

Offline WarhawkTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
[Quick Review]: Eschenbach labo-clip
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:30:05 am »
Hi guys,
my eyesight is far from sharp (+4.25 d) therefore I was looking for an affordable solution for work with SMD components. I saw people recommending Eschenbach labo-clip here on the forum however without further details. I decided to give it a try and pulled the trigger before x-mass last year.

I originally wanted to buy three different lenses (2x, 2.5x, 3x), pick the most convenient one and return the rest. However, all three have use in my case.

- The enclosure is solid and robust. The internal plastic molding which holds lenses is very aliexpress-like and "made in Germany" is hard to believe.
- The bracket is relatively good quality, seems to be fragile but it is also very lightweight.
- 2x lens is good for general work (e.g. soldering). It offers good working distance without stooping.
- 2.5x lens I use the most. I need to lean more towards the object but magnification is great. Great for the 603s or TSSOPs soldering.
- 3x lens is great for inspection checks. I do not use it for soldering. The working distance is too small in my case.
- neither of lenses have a special coating known from e.g. reading glasses.

Overal rating: 4/5.
+ lightweight
+ comfortable
+ portable

cons:
- relatively expensive
- enclosure could be better considering the price

I thought that my two cents could be interesting for some of you. Please leave a comment below if you want to know more details and I'll update the original post.

link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005VM2YL0

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf