« on: July 02, 2014, 12:19:12 pm »
Q
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:23:31 pm by GEuser »
Soon

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: A nameless Antenna Rotator inside peek
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 06:35:15 pm »
Yes, cheaply made probably available from many sources. I am going to strip one soon, you have an 18VAC transformer and a 100uF capacitor connected across the outer pins of the motor with voltage applied to either end with the centre common to rotate it.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 05:33:17 am »
Not an antenna rotator, but a camera rotator. Will be coming off the ceiling sometime soon as the camera gets relocated. Will just have to find another bracket for the camera.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 06:11:54 pm »
Here is a teaser. It came off today and will not be going back up as it was, now a lot lighter on the ceiling. No longer works as the control box is gone.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:14:04 pm »
A little more.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 08:08:28 am »
It is at least 30 years old, and the plastic parts are getting very brittle. I broke a few just taking them out, but the manufacturer used inserts for all screws into the plastic, and good needle roller thrust bearings. Likely will go as scrap metal now, as it mounts with a standard 1/4in camera thread and this fits the rather elderly monochrome CCD camera as well. New place for it on Monday.

It had 2 modes of operation, either scan from limit to limit or you could rotate it as desired, controlled over the 4 wire cable by either feeding in 16VAC for the scan or connecting one side of the motor to AC via a centre off switch. The 10uF 50V NP electrolytic is looking rather old in there. Genuine no name brand and both sides have bulging seals. Likely if I apply power to it it will pop.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:11:12 pm »
Nice little slave motor inside there. Wonder just how long it will be till you notice that the inside and outside unit are no longer in alignment due to lost cycles and such.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf