Author Topic: Anyone familiar with programming of Micro Lambda MLSL Synthesizers?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline edpalmer42Topic starter

• Super Contributor
A while ago I picked up a Micro Lambda MLSL-0609 synthesizer.  It's rather old (date code 0138), but I have a datasheet and programming info from the same timeframe.  There are two commands that you can use to program it.  The 'C' command tells it how many frequency steps to go.  The 'F' command allows you to enter the frequency directly in MHz.

I wrote an Arduino program to control it and found that the 'C' command works.  The 'F' command is accepted, but it doesn't really work.  There doesn't seem to be any reference frequency that gives a sensible output.

I think that these units are customized at the factory.  Does anyone know if the older units or some of the customized units didn't support the 'F' command?

I haven't contacted Micro Lambda because I'm not their customer and never will be so I don't want to bother them.  Also, since my program works with the 'C' command, this is really just out of curiousity.

Ed

Offline Velund

• Regular Contributor
Re: Anyone familiar with programming of Micro Lambda MLSL Synthesizers?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:12 pm »
Sorry for replying so late...

There is old MLSL synth control software that control it from LPT port (I had to remove dust from my old Pentium/Win98 laptop first). Was able to find correct reference frequency and frequency band of unknown (special order?) MLSL synth.

My factory customized unit also had some problems with F command and does not accept L command (lock signal polarity).

And, furthermore, it was based on a PIC16F84 chip... Full up to a last program word and there is some undocumented factory commands inside. Sapienti sat. ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:28:16 pm by Velund »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf