Author Topic: Anyone that would like to share an opinion about the ASICminer 8 nano?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline alex1560Topic starter

Hey guys,

I recently found this video with a guy reviewing "a brand new asic miner" for bitcoin.

For me it looks very sketchy, would be great to have the opinion of the community, because I think that
lots of people will fall for this scam if it's real as I think it is.

Check it out and leave a comment please!

Offline The Doktor

• Regular Contributor
Due to the rapidly increasing difficulty, most ASICs will NEVER reach ROI, even if you have free electric. Remember, you need to evaluate it based on the amount of crypto it costs versus it's earnings in crypto after expenses. Dollar gains due to crypto price going up are fake profit. If you make less crypto than you spent, you lost. You would have been ahead by just buying the coins and holding them.

What's with all the damn lights? Is it a tool or a showpiece?

It's UI is done through the cloud. This alone is reason enough to consider it junk. ANY device which requires a cloud connection to function puts you completely at the mercy of a 3rd party. Their server goes down, your device is dead. They go bankrupt, device is dead. Maybe they decide you need to pay a monthly fee to use your device. Maybe they declare it "obsolete", etc.

Ed

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
I have never considered mining ASICs a good investment except when they're really cheap. Near the beginning of the year, a bunch of investors spent a lot on some high N Scrypt ASIC boxes (something like $1800 each), expecting them to pay back in like 2 months, but the adoption of those ASICs skyrocketed the difficulty and it would be more than a year before they pay off.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf